About Cindy

Thanks for taking the time to visit!

As the sole proprietor of Babcock Income Tax, I have been preparing and filing taxes for individuals and small companies since 2010.
Whether you need filing for the current, or previous years, I can prepare and E-file your return as a registered electronic filer with the Canada Revenue Agency.

If you are located in Peterborough, Ontario, I would be delighted to meet with you at my home office, or for out of town clients, we can connect online through email, Skype, etc.

My credentials include a Diploma in Accounting, from Durham College, and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Western Ontario.

I look forward to helping you with your all tax preparation needs.


Personal Income Tax Preparation and E-Filing including Rental Returns

Preparation and E-Filing of Returns for current year, or up to 10 years previous.
Refunds from E-Filed returns are often received back from CRA within two weeks of filing.

  • Capital Gains/Losses
  • Pension Splitting
  • Moving Expenses
  • Disability Tax Credit
  • Adoption Expenses
  • Medical Expenses
  • Rental Income
  • Self-Employment Income
  • Child Care Deductions
  • Clergy Housing Amounts
  • Donations
  • Student Loan Interest
  • RRSP
  • Canada Caregiver Credit
  • Ontario Refundable Child Care Credit
  • Climate Action Incentive
  • Tuition and Education Amounts/Transfers
  • Adjustments on Previous Years
  • And More…

Self-Employment Returns, Small Business Returns

Working part time for yourself, or if you have a company with multiple employees, if you are not incorporated, this income is included on your personal tax return.

Let me calculate your deductible expenses for you.

  • Home office deductions
  • Automobile deductions
  • Capital expenses and Capital Cost Allowances
  • CPP calculations

I will also let you know if you have reached the income threshold where registering for HST is mandatory.


Adjustments on income tax returns can be done for up to 10 years.

  • Did you discover some paperwork that you forgot to file with your return?
  • Did you learn about a deduction that would have been applicable to you in previous years?  Moving expenses, medical deductions, public transit amount, or something else?
  • Did you recently qualify for an amount that can go back retroactively, like the Disability Tax Credit?
  • Do you want to apply a current capital loss to a prior capital gain?

All of these are examples of reasons to make adjustments to previous year returns.


Payroll services to companies are available.

Contact me for a quote on these services.

Happy Clients

  • C & M Foster
    We have trusted Cindy with our tax preparations for several years. She not only took care of the e-filing, but went above and beyond, offering to apply for rebates we hadn’t even considered. She also expertly handled filing adjustments for previous tax years when our son was diagnosed. Before we started our company, one of our first to-do’s was spend time with Cindy to discuss filing business taxes. She gave us some invaluable advice that has helped us get started on the right foot. We can’t imagine trusting anyone other than Cindy for our taxes.
    C & M Foster
    Omemee, ON
  • J. Wolters
    Cindy was fantastic with our taxes. She is quick to return them, and explains everything in terms that I can understand. We wouldn't dream of having anyone else handle our finances!
    J. Wolters
    Ennismore, ON
  • J. Parent
    Cindy Babcock is one of the very few people I trust to take care of my financials. I have zero reservations when it comes to recommending her to professionals who need this service. Her knowledge and perseverance helps her to unravel the complexities of the tax code. I can sit back and not have to worry that something was missed. She gets it right.
    J. Parent
    Hanmer, ON


    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Get in touch with me

    If you would like to set up an appointment to drop off your taxes, contact me by email, this contact form or by phone or text. If I’m not available, please leave a message and I will get back to you quickly.